How Does Travel Insurance Work?
When most people think of travel insurance, also called trip insurance, they think of it reimbursing you if illness, injury or a death in the family prevents you from going on a trip. But travel insurance actually covers a myriad other issues that might prevent you from going on your trip or end it prematurely.
For example, if you get sick or injured six days into a 14-day trip and can’t continue, your trip insurance can reimburse you the costs for the remainder of your trip. Other situations in which insurance will cover you and reimburse your non-refundable costs include: severe weather that cancels flights or causes damage at your travel destination; you losing your job or being required to work during the time your trip was scheduled; if you are called to jury duty and can’t get out of it; if your travel provider goes bankrupt. Please keep in mind that coverage can vary by provider and plan.
Trip insurance usually also offers other coverage, such as a death benefit, coverage for emergency medical treatment you need on a trip and reimbursement for lost baggage. Click here to compare plans coverage and pricing.
Compare and Buy Online
- Travel worry-free with travel insurance from trusted insurers.
- Safe and secure checkout with instant confirmation of coverage.
- Our easy to use website allows you to compare and buy travel insurance plans from top rated insurers.
- Travel insurance plan prices are regulated by the states, so you won’t find a lower price anywhere else for the plans we offer.
- Every purchase is secured with high-grade Verisign 256-bit secured encryption.